Our vision is to be a leading university, fully committed to ensure high quality education based on academic and professional standards with achievement of excellence in research enabling the graduates to benefit from the educational and academic experiences at the university level with continuous interaction and responsiveness to the community needs.
Al Neelain University was established by a presidential decree on March 13, 1993. Under the general policy of Sudan and the National Council programs, the University operates to enhance knowledge and learning prospects and the development of curricula for the purpose of contributing to the development of Sudan in different cultural, social and economic fields. In addition, the University aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Affirmation of the identity of our nation through the curriculum approved and applied by the University.
- To pay special attention to the Arab, African, and Islamic Studies;
- Working closely together with the surrounding society both nationally and internationally, and cooperating with other universities, institutions, and related academic institutions;
- To pay special attention to the history of the Nile Valley and its civilization and culture;
- Undertaking the necessary social studies to improve the environment, and conducting scientific research related to the issues of the community with its various and multiple needs in order to contribute to its development;
- To prepare the University students with the necessary skills and capabilities for the future.
Praise is to the Lord who designated us for this assignment, which we accepted under His gentle guidance and graceful assistance.
This steadfast establishment has stood and faced a wave of turbulent circumstances, as you all know. Hence, upon accepting the administration of this University, our priority as to hold a number of meetings with the Institutes, Boards, and Committees related to our esteemed institution to talk over and handle some urgent pending issues.
Al-Neelain University is the largest university in Sudan as it has over one hundred thousand (100.000) students and a staff membership exceeding three thousands five hundred (3500). The university has multiple majors varying between Scientific (applied), Arts and Humanitarian (social).
Now that the University has opened its doors for its students (post-graduates, bachelor’s and technical diploma); we hope by the grace of God to succeed in stabilizing the academic process and provide our students with the appropriate scientific and practical dosage of knowledge.
This administration aims to: