Our vision is to be a leading university, fully committed to ensure high quality education based on academic and professional standards with achievement of excellence in research enabling the graduates to benefit from the educational and academic experiences at the university level with continuous interaction and responsiveness to the community needs.
Al Neelain University was established by a presidential decree on March 13, 1993. Under the general policy of Sudan and the National Council programs, the University operates to enhance knowledge and learning prospects and the development of curricula for the purpose of contributing to the development of Sudan in different cultural, social and economic fields. In addition, the University aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Affirmation of the identity of our nation through the curriculum approved and applied by the University.
- To pay special attention to the Arab, African, and Islamic Studies;
- Working closely together with the surrounding society both nationally and internationally, and cooperating with other universities, institutions, and related academic institutions;
- To pay special attention to the history of the Nile Valley and its civilization and culture;
- Undertaking the necessary social studies to improve the environment, and conducting scientific research related to the issues of the community with its various and multiple needs in order to contribute to its development;
- To prepare the University students with the necessary skills and capabilities for the future.
Al Neelain University was an extension of the Cairo University, Khartoum Branch, which was established in the year 1955, where this university was reigned in the year 1993, which at the time included four faculties (Arts, Law, Commerce, and Science). The university developed both horizontally and vertically, as the number of its faculties reached 22 faculties. With approximately one thousand five hundred teaching staff in various occupational ranks. More than a thousand employees and workers assist them, and the number of its students exceeds eighty thousand students, and this student is at the bachelor’s level. Which contributed to its acceptance and graduation of hundreds of thousands. As for the technical and intermediate diplomas, the university expanded in this direction and provided the community with the best technologists. On the vertical level, the College of Graduate Studies has made a remarkable contribution to the labor market with thousands of graduates with higher diplomas, masters, and doctorates. The university had and continues to inspire the pulse of the Sudanese street and identify the national mood through the participation of its members and affiliates in making the revolution of freedom, peace and justice slogans of the glorious December revolution. The university is projecting an orientation in the year 2021 with a tight five-year strategy plan prepared by dozens of specialists among the scholars. Glory and eternity to the martyrs of the glorious December revolution. May God protect the Al Neelain University and the people of Sudan free and proud. Peace. Prof. Mohamed Elamin Ahmed Mohamed Vice-Chancellor