By the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. Describe etiology, Pathophysiology, principles of diagnosis & management of common surgical problems including emergencies both in adult & children.
2. Define the indication & method of fluids & electrolytes replacement including blood transfusion.
3. Diagnose common surgical problems both acute & chronic in adult & children.
4. Provide primary health care & monitor patients with emergency surgical conditions.
5. Plan laparotory& other tests, for surgical problems with interpretation of the results.
6. Show professional behavior towards patients & the colleagues.