Secretariat of Scientific Affairs hopes to contribute, through its roles and responsibilities, in the creation of a prosperous university; A university that is distinguished both academically and financially, elevated in the various fields of knowledge.
The Secretariat of Scientific Affairs mission is to improve the scientific performance of the University through a review of the statutes, regulations curricula and academic status for the appointment and qualified faculty members. The Secretariat supervises procedures and systems related to admission and registration of students in all the University faculties and follows up the decisions and recommendations of the Senate and its committees. The Secretariat also embeds the criteria needed for proper record keeping and provision of all academic services for University graduates within the system.
- An up-to-date educational and research environment that enables the university to face the challenges, is concentrated on knowledge and is a key driving force for prosperity.
- Attain global levels in standards, contents, and practices while retaining domestic values and culture.
- Keep up with the developments and the new innovations that take place in the various features of knowledge.
- Meet the growing demand for higher education while ensuring the most recent quality systems in all its outcome.
- Build an environment that encourages university staff members to effectively implement their duties.
- Reach the international staff-student ratio.
- Lead libraries, laboratories and other teaching facilities to the latest technical standards and maintain their position as a place for interaction between the different components of the university.
- Consolidate the double role of the University as a leading national university among the Sudanese universities.
- Attain an efficient curriculum built on capability and enabling the employees to perform their duties in an environment of responsibility, disciplinary actions, transparency and time management.
- Deploy information and communication technology to improve University performance with respect to education, research, and capacity building.
- Establish a clear research strategy that would define research priorities and channel research activities to serve national purposes, while focusing on applied and advanced
- educational research.
- Serve the community and direct its needs.