It was established in 2002 as part of Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and named as school of nursing, 8 patches were graduatedawarded bachelor degree and diploma degree. In 2013, the Senate of the University of Al-Neelain approved the upgrading of the School of Nursing to the Faculty of Nursing Sciences and become independent.
1. The Faculty of Nursing Sciences offers a general bachelor's degree (4 years, 8 semesters) in Nursing Sciences
2. In 2008 the Senate of the University approved the degree of Master of in Nursing Sciences in the following specialties:
1- Master of Sciences in Medical Surgical Nursing.
2- Master of Sciences in obstetric and gynecological Nursing.
3- Master of Sciences in Community Health Nursing.
4- Master of Sciences in pediatric Nursing.
3. PhD Program in Nursing Science was established in2009 in nursing science by courses and research in the following fields:
• PhD in Nursing Science Medical surgical.
• PhD in Nursing Science (Obstetrics and Gynecology).
• PhD in Nursing Science (Pediatric).
• PhD in Nursing Science (Community Health).
Apart from Sudanese students, the faculty is giving chances to the Arabs and African students to get all the academic degrees