The course aims to identify the basics of forensic medicine and toxicology, and to show the medical ethics and doctor's duties in medico-legal problems. As frequent expert witnesses, doctors should be equipped the necessary knowledge on Forensics and the medico- legal aspects of the clinical practice..
By the end of this course the student should be able to:
1. Identify the principles of Forensic Medicine and general Toxicology.
2. Define death, its types, post-mortem changes causes and distinguish natural causes from other unnatural ones.
3. Describe the methods of autopsy and the indications for it.
4. Identify different wounds and injuries and their medico-legal significance.
5. Discuss sexual crimes and how to collect their evidence
6. Outline the methods of writing post-mortem report and reporting death
7. Discuss the significance of doctors as expert witnesses
8. Define the different types of poisons, their clinical presentation and management
Phone Number :