Wellbeing of women and their children and is an important health problem in the developing countries. Safe motherhood could not be achieved without well prepared and professional health care providers. The base for this goal is a graduate student with high standard of professionalism, ethics, knowledge and skills.Content:
• Antenatal care
• Early pregnancy loss
• Reproductive and sexual health
• Gynecological endocrinology
• Gynecological oncology
By the end of this course student will be able to:
1. Consolidate knowledge and practical skills of normal pregnancy and importance of routine antenatal care
2. Discuss high risk pregnancy
3. Discuss the normality and deviation from normality during pregnancy.
4. Discuss the etiology, risk factors, and management of major antenatal complications, of pregnancy.
5. Discuss the management of antepartum haemorrhage and eclampsia.
6. Discuss the medical disorders such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus, cardiac and respiratory diseases, thyroid disease, renal disease, gastrointestinal and hematological disease that preexist before pregnancy, relative investigation, and treatment modalities for each.
1. To consolidate knowledge and practical skills for normal labor & management of stages of normal labor
2. To provide knowledge and skills for managing abnormal labor & its complications
To provide knowledge and skills needed for women care during puerperium, and for recognizing and managing abnormal puerperium.
Early pregnancy disorders:
To develop appropriate knowledge and skills in relation to early pregnancy loss
1. Discuss and demonstrate appropriate knowledge. Skills and attitudes in relation to fertility control
2. Discuss the diagnosis and management of sexual transmitted infections.
3. Discuss risk factors, causes and management of incontinence and genital prolapse.
1. Developed appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude in relation to normal mensturation, menstural disorders ,menopause, PCOS and subfertility.
2. Discuss the normal menstrual cycle and related disorders.
3. Discuss the normal menopause and related disorders.
4. Outline the causes and management of sub fertility.
5. Discuss the criteria of diagnosis of PCOS and related complications.
6. Take history , perform examination ,investigation and treatment for patients with menstural disorders ,menopause, PCOS and sub fertility
1. Develop appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude in relation to gynecological oncology.
2. Discuss the types, risk factors, clinical presentation and prognosis of ovarian tumors
3. Discuss the types, risk factors, clinical presentation and prognosis of endometrial tumors.
4. Discuss the screening and management of the cervical tumors.
5. Discuss causes, investigations, and management of abdominal pain of uncertain origin
6. Discuss causes, investigations, and management of acute vaginal bleeding
Phone Number :