Therapeutics is the science which enables the candidate to prescribe rationally regardless of prescribing environment through optimizing drug selection, dosing regimen design, and therapeutic drug monitoring to assess the attainment of therapeutic efficacy and avoidance of adverse reactions. Identification and treatment of significant drug-drug or drug-disease state interactions will also be covered
1. Outline all pharmcotherapeutic options used in control of common acute and chronic problems include bronchial asthma, chronic liver disease, peptic ulcer, hypertension, heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, pulmonary embolism, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, Tuberculosis, malaria, HIV, Rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, pain management, meningitis and encephalitis;
2. Identify potential causes and drug related problem in of all uncontrolled chronic diseases listed above
3. State patient-specific therapeutic plan including (drugs name and class, route of administration, frequency of doses with relation to meals) for all diseases listed above bearing in mind the safety; effectiveness and cost effect according to evidenced based clinical guidelines
4. Define the goal of therapy and desired therapeutic outcomes.
5. Counsel the patient about the disease; prescribed drug treatment regimen and formulate a monitoring plan.
6. Describe non-pharmacotherapeutic options and lifestyle recommendations for the particular disease.
Phone Number :