Microbiology is one of the basic clinical sciences which is essential in equipping the medical student with basic information of the pathogens that infect humans. Moreover, practical and clinical application of this science will help the student in his/her clinical training.
By the end of this course the student should be able to:
1. Recall the basic information of the structure of pathogens.
2. Describe the relationship between human and pathogens.
3. Describe the mode of infection and pathogenesis
4. Enlist and explain the techniques used in diagnosis of infectious diseases.
5. Describe and explain the methods of infection control.
6. Explain interactions between opportunistic and pathogenic microorganisms and susceptible hosts in contacts that result in infection and/or disease and apply these interactions to disease symptoms.
7. Identify different pathogens macroscopically, microscopically and by other methods of laboratory investigations.
Phone Number : 00249154932122