Actuarial science is the discipline that applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in insurance, finance and other industries and professions. Actuaries are professionals who are qualified in this field through intense education and experience. Actuarial science includes a number of interrelated subjects, including mathematics, probability theory, statistics, finance, economics, and computer science.
To lead the study of actuarial sciences locally and to achieve a competitive position both regionally and internationally.
To provide programs of actuarial sciences through comprehensive curricula that are closely related to the needs of the community and the labor market, and to provide solid scientific research and analytical advice.
Areas of Actuarial science:
1- Financial institutions such as insurance companies, investment funds, retail banks and health insurance.
2. Advisory institutions that advise their corporate and individual clients on decisions involving long-term risks such as pension plans, consolidation, expansion, and pricing.
3 - Teaching in universities and business schools.
4. Governmental and non-governmental institutions.
1. Preparing graduates specialized in actuarial sciences to contribute to the analysis and financial, economic, insurance, banking, investment and other developmental programs.
2. Qualifying graduates for the degree of fellowship from the global actuarial institutions to establish and support the study of actuarial sciences in Sudan.
3. To establish partnerships with international scientific and professional institutions in the field of actuarial sciences and cooperate with them in order to extend their services to the local community.
In the field of actuarial sciences, the department awards:
Bachelor's degree in four years
Bachelor's degree with honors in five years
Phone Number : +249155775076
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org